The 2016 Urbana Park District Trails Master Plan (UTMP) and its appendices were approved by the Urbana Park District Board on January 12, 2016:
Final Report in Chapters
- Acknowledgements & Table of Contents (PDF, 3MB)
- Chapter 1 Introduction (PDF, 1019 kB)
- Chapter 2 Existing Plans and Policies (PDF, 10 MB)
- Chapter 3 Existing Conditions and Analysis (PDF, 5 MB)
- Chapter 4 Park Inventory and Trail Gap Analysis (PDF, 58 MB)
- Chapter 5 Creating A Vision (PDF, 275 kB)
- Chapter 6 Facility Types (PDF, 1 MB)
- Chapter 7 Community Outreach (PDF, 3 MB)
- Chapter 8 Recommendations (PDF, 8 MB)
- Chapter 9 Implementation (PDF, 2 MB)
- Appendix A Crystal Lake Park Visitor Counts 2015 (PDF, 2 MB)
- Appendix B UTMP Performance Measures Tracking Sheets (PDF, 117 kB)
- Appendix C UTMP Design Guidelines, Trail & Bikeway Sinage + Bike Parking (PDF, 5 MB)
- Appendix D 2013-14 Urbana Pedestrian and Bicycle Survey (PABS) Report (PDF, 6 MB)
- Appendix E Public Meeting Series #1 Results (PDF, 8 MB)
- Appendix F Public Meeting Series #2 Results (PDF, 5 MB)
- Appendix G Urbana Park Master Plans (PDF, 8 MB)
- Appendix H 2014 Champaign County Greenways & Trails Plan Design Guidelines (PDF, 3 MB)
UPD Board Presentation: December 2015
CCRPC staff presented (PDF, 9 MB) the to the Urbana Park District Board at its study session on December 1, 2015.
Public Review Period: November 2015
The draft Urbana Park District Trails Master Plan (UTMP) (PDF, 94 MB) was made available for public review in November 2015. was also available for public viewing.
UPDAC: May 2014
CUUATS staff presented the plan’s progress to the Urbana Park District Advisory Committee (UPDAC) on Tuesday, May 27th. Materials can be found below.
- Meeting Agenda (PDF, 391 kB)
- Existing Conditions Report (PDF, 28 MB)
- Goals & Objectives (PDF, 91 kB)
- Proposed Urbana Green Loop Map (as of May 27, 2014) (PDF, 1 MB)
- Proposed Infrastructure Recommendations Map (as of May 27, 2014) (PDF, 2MB)
- Non-Infrastructure Recommendations (PDF, 87 kB)
- C-U Sharing the Road video
Public Workshop #2: April 2014
- 20 people attended this communitywide workshop at Urbana Middle School.
- CUUATS staff presented proposed infrastructure and non-infrastructure recommendations, as well as plan implementation information.
- Participants voted on their most preferred recommendations.
- CUUATS staff will use this information to help the UTMP steering committee finalize recommendations.
- Votes, Map, and Comments (PDF, 697 kB)
- All Recommendations (PDF,1 MB)
- Point Recommendations (PDF, 959 kB)
- Upon Development or Redevelopment (PDF, 1 MB)
- Urbana Green Loop Trail (PDF, 979 kB)
- Urbana Park District Master Plans (PDF, 2 MB)
Infrastructure Recommendation Maps by Neighborhood
- North Urbana (Zone 1) (PDF,1 MB)
- West Urbana (Zone 2) (PDF,2 MB)
- Central Urbana (Zone 3) (PDF,2 MB)
- East Urbana (Zone 4) (PDF,8 MB)
- South Urbana (Zone 5) (PDF,2 MB)
- Education (PDF, 115 kB)
- Encouragement (PDF, 113 kB)
- Enforcement (PDF, 113 kB)
- Evaluation (PDF, 113 kB)
Public Workshop Series #1: February 2014
- CUUATS staff presented information on existing park and trail facilities, bike ridership on trails, pedestrian and bicycle crashes with vehicles, and a trail gap analysis.
- Participants mapped their origin information, current and desired destinations, and worked in groups to suggest trail corridors.
- CUUATS staff will use this information to help the UTMP steering committee develop recommendations.
- Maps, Comments, and Origin & Destination Tallies (PDF, 5 MB)
Please use the following materials and submit your comments to Wes Maurer, CCRPC Transportation Planner, via email at email@example.com, or by mail at 1776 E. Washington St., Urbana, IL 61802.
- Trip Origin Map (PDF, 2 MB)
- Trip Destination Table 1 (PDF, 53 kB)
- Trip Destination Table 2 (PDF, 49 kB)
- Trip Destination Table 3 (PDF, 48 kB)
- Trip Destination Map – Champaign-Urbana (PDF, 2 MB)
- Trip Destination Map – Champaign County (PDF, 2 MB)
Comment Cards for Individual Parks
- AMBUCS Park (PDF, 1MB)
- Binkerd’s Grove (PDF, 1MB)
- Blair Park (PDF, 1MB)
- Canaday Park (PDF, 1MB)
- Carle Park (PDF, 1MB)
- Chief Shemauger Park (PDF, 1MB)
- Crestview Park (PDF, 1MB)
- Crystal Lake – North Side (PDF, 1MB)
- Crystal Lake – South Side (PDF, 1MB)
- Hagen Site (PDF, 1MB)
- Hickory Street Site (PDF, 1MB)
- King Park (PDF, 1MB)
- Leal Park (PDF, 1MB)
- Lohmann Park (PDF, 1MB)
- Meadowbrook Park (PDF, 1MB)
- Patterson Parklet (PDF, 1MB)
- Perkins Road / Judge Webber Park (PDF, 1MB)
- Phillips Recreation Center (PDF, 1MB)
- Prairie Park (PDF, 1MB)
- Southridge Park (PDF, 1MB)
- Sunnycrest Tot Lot (PDF, 1MB)
- Victory Park (PDF, 1MB)
- Weaver Park (PDF, 1MB)
- Wheatfield Park (PDF, 1MB)
- Other materials
- Individual Idea Map (PDF, 2MB) – use to mark any bikeways you would like to see installed. Blue = bike lanes; Red = Bike Route; Green = paved trail; Brown = unpaved trail; Black = any other facilities, issues, or destinations (please write them)
- Comment Card (PDF, 173 kB)
- Tarjeta de Comentarios (Comment Card – Spanish Version) (PDF, 73 kB)
Neighborhood Workshop Summaries
Community Wide: February 12, 2014
- About 30 people attended the communitywide workshop at the Urbana Civic Center.
- Presentation: February 12, 2014 (PDF, 7 MB)
North Urbana: February 18, 2014
- About a dozen people attended this neighborhood workshop at King School.
- Presentation: February 18, 2014 (PDF, 7 MB)
East Urbana: February 19, 2014
- Half a dozen people attended this neighborhood workshop at the Urbana Early Childhood School.
- Presentation: February 19, 2014 (PDF, Size 7 MB)
Latino Community: February 20, 2014
- This meeting was held in Spanish as an opportunity for Latinos to offer unique input at Leal School.
- Presentation: February 20, 2014 (PDF, Size 7 MB)
Existing Plans and Documents Relevant to Urbana Trails
- Urbana Bicycle Master Plan (2008)
- Urbana: Existing Greenways and Trails (PDF, 2 MB)
- Urbana Park District Planning & Development
- Champaign County Greenways and Trails Plan + Active Choices Report (click on the blue bar that says “2014”)
- Champaign County Greenways and Trails Map
- Carle Medical Campus: Proposed Route (PDF, 163 kB)
- Policy Framework for Trails (PDF,1,022 kB)